Friday, February 17, 2012

Facebook Guilt

A post I saw on Facebook:
There are 940 Saturdays between when
A baby is born and when
she leaves for college. At 5,
my eldest has already used 260.
The youngest's burned through about 90.
My first thought: How terribly sad.
Then: Not all colleges start exactly
the same weekend! And what about
taking a gap year to travel
Europe or the Outback or Argentina?

That number's not locked down, right?

Please be more specific, Facebook.
I need to know exactly when
to be overwhelmed by the guilt
of missing out on Saturdays passed.




8 comments:

Adrienne Scanlon said... [Reply to comment]

The GREAT news is....there are many, many, many Saturdays after that! And (from one who's in the college/post college 'empty nest' stage) the 'back home' for a Saturday visits are THE BEST!

pattisj said... [Reply to comment]

Don't bother counting them, just enjoy them.

Asunkissedlife said... [Reply to comment]

Nice...just enjoy the moment!

alovett said... [Reply to comment]

 So true!

alovett said... [Reply to comment]

 THAT is reassuring!

alovett said... [Reply to comment]

 And be OK with not enjoying all of them. :)

Sara - My Points of View said... [Reply to comment]

Funny how sometimes it seems like not enough Saturdays and other times it seems like too many ;)

Melissa said... [Reply to comment]

But if a few hundred have passed, that means there are still 600 left to make the most of. (This is what I tell myself at such times. And then I also take comfort in Adrienne's perspective, below!)